Friday, January 8, 2010

Caring for a new lip piercing?

Hey guys, I got my lip ring pierced on Saturday (Two days ago) and I have some questions about caring for it.





1) How long should I use salt + water for to keep my piercing clean? At the moment I am just gargling and moving the water to around the front of my mouth and then spitting the water out.





2) How long does it generally take to ...A) Stop hurting when rotating the ring, and be generally painless when you change jewlery





b) Completely heal





Is it safe for the skin around the bottom of my piercing (on the outside of my face) to look like the skin is peeling, or is about to peel? The colour is kind of yellow, though when it is dry it goes hard, like a scab.





Can It get infected from over cleaning, as in, washing my mouth and my face pretty much after every meal of the day





Can it take longer to heal from over cleaning, moving the piercing around (Forwards and sidewards)?





Thank you for your help in advance and I look forward to hearing from anyone who will be willing to respond.





Oh, and by the way, I have not posted this question to be told that I should take them out, so I will be able to get a better job than flipping burgers. So please do not say that. Thanks!Caring for a new lip piercing?
1) the recommended healing time for a lip piercing is about four months, and you should really keep it up for the whole healing period to ensure the best result and promote faster healing, plus it wil ward off infection.


2)Is different for everybody. Took mine about 4 weeks, but I've have friends whove taken longer/shorter. It also depends on how well u look after it. If it does get a little irritated the sea salt sould calm it down, just make sure u aren't using too much salt in the water or it can 'burn' the piercing wound. Complete healing is again different for everybody. Four months is recommended.





It's normal for the skin around to appear to be pealing, yes. My snake bites did this for about six weeks after I had them done, and my munroe did the same. I checked with my piercest when it first happened and she informed me it was the white blood cells vacating the wound as it healed. If your really concerned, however, u can always talk to ur piercest.





Cleaning it after every meal is a good idea to make sure nothing's stuck, but if you just rinse with water and properly clean it twice a day that's generally enough to ward off infection. Over cleaning can lead to irritation. Moving the piercing a lot can hinder the healing process, yes. So be aware of that.Caring for a new lip piercing?
for acne,fair complexion,tanning,sunburn,marks,


spots,make up tips,hair issues n other skin n hair problems


u can refer to dis website


http://skincaretipps1539.notlong.com


it has got so many tips n free beauty samples


for curing acne and all your skin problems
You should continue using salt water to clean your piercing until it doesnt hurt any more, for me it was 2-3 works to stop hurting when i rotated it. Its going to hurt regardless when you change it because your moving the skin around inside of it. Your skin is dry and peeling around it because of the salt water, which is normal. The scabbing is because your body is trying to heal itself. It wont take longer to heal by cleaning and moving it your suppose to keep doing that to prevent your body from closing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment