Friday, January 8, 2010

Lip piercing care?

I just got my lip pierced a few days ago and was wondering how long it would take for the swelling to go down. The place i got it done was really good, but they basically told me to leave it alone, no daily cleaning or anything unless it gets dirty. Also not to get it wet which makes it difficult to shower. I was wondering how long it would take for the swelling to go down too. I want it to heal well so any tips will help.Lip piercing care?
You should never just 'leave it alone'. You will praobly see little yellow crustys on your lip, which are a good and bad sign. Those crustys are build of bacteria that didn't get into your lip, BUT if they do its like having a difty knife go through the hole of your lip. To clean it you soak the piercing in saline and then gentle wipe away the crustys with a cotton swap. My advise though, is to go to 2 or 3 more piercing salons and ask them, they will give you the right dierctions and they ALL will tell you that its never a good thing to not clean it...to help it heal faster you can take tylenol for the swelling and take vitamin B with zinc.





hope this helps... but really the best thing to do is do the research... go to a few different places from professional piercers and they will forsure help you out.Lip piercing care?
I have never done anything to my piercings. Just like they said.. I live by the ';litha'; rule... ';leave it the heck alone';. But I have neither avoided anything. I have showered, eaten, drank, and more with my piercings without issue. I think that you should be fine. Every body heals in a different time frame, my piercings took about 4 days. My ear cartilage industrial piercing has taken over 9 months and still counting. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment